This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've gone online to have hours of quality entertainment.

I can't believe it. I've been banned! And it's all because I'm a n00b (please don't hold it against me, I'm really a nice person deep down inside). I don't have much experience with multiplayer, LAN or online, so I was a little nervous trying it out on Warhawk for the first time. I just got the Warhawk bundle with the headset yesterday and today was the first chance I had to try it out. I had a little trouble setting up the headset, through no fault of the headset or the PS3, I'm just clumsy with technology sometimes. Well, I get the headset recognized, heard my voice in the ear piece as I'm setting it up, and think all is good to go. I don't want to look like a complete loser (not that it actually helped) so when I started the game I set up a LAN game first to practice. I played for about 20 minutes (far too short a time but far too long when I was the only one on the map) and got the basics down ok. I then decided to brave going ONLINE. I am justifiably nervous at this, there are 10 year old kids on there that can fly rings around me. All I can say is thank god for anonymity. I don't think I could handle being whipped and then having them really know who I was. Me being a 33 year old gamer that grew up with a controller in his hand. I come from a time when multiplayer meant it was a 2 player game. Ikari Warriors and Contra are perfect examples of this (and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, point proven).

Anyway, so I get the game started, customize my character and aircraft (my daughter wanted me to use the underwear as my icon, I said no), and join the first server I see. I accidently joined a CTF map with a few people on it. Since I'm not a member of a clan I usually only play DM and usually that helps me avoid all n00bish taunts. When I started the game there was someone near my avatar obviously trying to talk to me, but for some reason my headset isn't working. So there I am, me fiddling with my headset in the real world, while some complete stranger (getting more irate by the second) is yelling at me. I could hear something through my TV, but not enough to make it out. All I understood was this: "GlossGreen....(mumble mumble). GlossGreen (mumble mumble)". I knew he was getting irate because I went a little ways away and he followed me. "GlossGreen....(mumble mumble). GlossGreen (mumble mumble)"! Then he hit me! I think he got me with the knife, must have had friendly fire on 0 because I didn't die, I just got irritated myself. I ran away from him again. You know what he did next? The little bastard threw a grenade at me! So, I get a lot irritated and decide to test out the Warhawk. I jumped into the first one I could find. After hearing "GlossGreen....(mumble mumble). GlossGreen (mumble mumble)!", for a couple more minutes, I quit the game. Upon leaving I get this message "You have been banned from this server." I should have paid attention more in the lobby. The name of the server was "Obey me or else." Whatever.

Comments

1 Response to "I Am N00b, And He Is Me."

  1. Anonymous On April 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM

    DO NOT FRET...It takes time and patience. I to have come from the same era of contra, battletoads and RC PROAM. NOTE: It does help if you turn your ear piece on!!! You talk by pushing and holding the L3 button!